Join Us – Translating
The majority of our projects do not have furigana.
- Able to translate the sound effects into romaji and then explain what it is, either in the English sound effect equivalent or in a few words (proofers will help you with the trickier ones). If you love your editors, give them both :)
There are several ways to make a script but this is our perfered way:
- Use names for who is speaking. If the character doesn’t have a name, describe the person.
- Use (small text) after the character’s name for small text side comments.
- Use a TAB, // or several spaces when text goes across connected bubbles.
- If the text isn’t in a speech bubble, describe where it is on the page.
- Use page numbers in relation to the image’s filename, not the page number on the manga. For the covers just use Cover or Back Cover.
Floating text — Text that’s not inside bubbles, boxes, etc.
Text in box — Text that’s inside a box.
Sfx: Zaaaaaaa (water falling / rain)
Sfx: Fu (chuckle)
Akira: What the hell are you doing?!
Akira (small text): Idiot.
arrow – Easily annoyed.
Akira: This is the first bubble. // This is the second bubble.
Akira: This is the first bubble. This is the second bubble.